Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: D2-40
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 40hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2017
- Engine Location: Center
The Morris M42 was designed following the introduction and success of the M36 and added full standing headroom and more amenities for coastal cruising while preserving the elegant simplicity that the M36 brought to sailing. A combination of traditional aesthetics, heirloom quality craftsmanship and modern naval architecture and materials come together to produce a sailboat that is easy and rewarding to sail, beautiful to look at, and most of all, fun to be on.
GRACE DARLING adds exhilarating sailing performance and beautiful details and aesthetics resulting in a stunning boat that will provide pride of ownership and years of enjoyment on the water with friends and family.
- Composite hull infused with Hydrex Vinylester resin with Balsa core. Core is removed or replaced with high density core in areas with through hull fittings.
- S&S designed performance keel with stainless steel fin and fitted lead bulb
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors for hull stiffness
- All marine plywood structural bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck
- Non-structural bulkheads, cabin sole, bunk tops, etc. are built from balsa cored Decolite panels to reduce weight in the interior
- Carbon fiber spade rudder with carbon rudder post
- Fixed, clear coated carbon fiber bowsprit integrated into bow
- Awlgrip H5570 “Light Blue” topsides with “Lauderdale Blue” double boot stripe and Cordovan Gold cove stripe
- Seahawk Cukote “Shark White” bottom paint
- Short trunk cabin deck option moves front of cabin aft of mast for clean, open foredeck
- Infused fiberglass composite deck with closed cell foam core
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Oyster White gelcoat with light tan non-skid.
- Varnished teak toe rail with custom stainless steel chocks integrated into toe rail for bow, stern and midship lines (bow chocks are open for easier access to mooring pennants).
- Quarter sawn teak decking on side decks and foredeck.
- Custom oval profile varnished teak handrails with cast stainless steel mounting brackets on cabin top
- Varnished teak eyebrow and teak cladding on cabin sides and back
- Varnished teak coaming caps and coaming sides
- Varnished teak veneer on companionway dodger coaming
- Accon Marine 10” stainless steel pull-up midship and stern cleats and 12’ pull-up bow cleat.
- Stainless steel Manship deck hatch in foredeck and smaller hatches overhead and galley.
- Floating eye adjustable jib lead system mounted on cabin top
- Custom deck skylight on cabintop forward of companionway dodger coaming
- Large recessed anchor locker in foredeck with flush hatch for storage of anchor and pivoting anchor fitting when recessed back under deck
- Large forepeak storage area with flush deck hatch to starboard of anchor locker with storage for fenders, lines, boat hook and boarding ladder
- Teak handrails on centerline of foredeck area for security working on the foredeck
- Stainless steel deck fills for fuel, water and holding tank on deck
- Main halyard, main sheet, main reef line, jib furler and spinnaker tack line are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson. Control lines for overlapping jib and gennakers leads are led back to cockpit and sheets run to upgraded secondary electric winches.
- Winch pockets for line storage aft of primary winches
- Main sheet block and tackle traveler system incorporated behind cockpit seat coaming
- Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap. Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole and cockpit seats.
- (2) Removable teak foot blocks for helmsman port and starboard aft of wheel.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with folding leaves and integrated storage and footrest – table is removable for racing and includes padded cover
- Cockpit cushions upholstered in Sunbrella “Tuscan”.
- Sunbrella pedestal and wheel cover.
- Dodger with stainless steel bows with side and aft elkhide covered handrails.
- Saloon style removable varnished teak companionway doors.
- Varnished teak dodger coaming
- Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers
- Stainless steel folding padeyes for safety harness attachments
- Stainless steel recessed drink holders by winches port and starboard at helm
- Custom Morris helm pedestal with Isotop carbon fiber wheel with teak inlays and wheel lock. Varnished teak cladding on pedestal top and face
- Helm pedestal integrates single lever engine control lever, engine control panel, and stainless steel pedestal guard/hand hold.
- Removable deck plate for access to top of rudder for emergency tiller
The comfortable, spacious and open interior is finished in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery. The white painted wooden v-groove overhead and gloss finished teak plank cabin sole add to the traditional aesthetic. Underneath the beautiful veneers the non-structural bulkheads and bunk tops and shelves and cabin sole have been cored with lightweight balsa core Decolite panels to reduce weight.
Immediately to starboard at the base of the companionway is a small but complete galley with an enclosed head with shower opposite to port. The main area of the interior incorporates port and starboard settees designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. A large cherry drop-leaf table incorporates storage and invites gracious dining. A modern fixed skylight above the dining table and eight large fixed portlights provide great natural lighting.
Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in at the forward end of the settees separating the main salon area and the large forward berth. A hanging locker forward of the head and lockers outboard at the forward and aft end of the settees provide additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the center point of the settees provide space for books, etc.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm stainless steel drawer style 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and wire basket.
- Force 10 two burner propane cooktop with maple butcher block cover.
- Corian counter top.
- Drop down door below fridge drawer.
- Custom shelving and dividers to maximize storage space.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with upgraded Dornbracht “Madison” dual handle faucet.
- 12v and 110v outlets
- Single bay varnished cherry handrail at companionway
- Overhead opening hatch with integrated retractable screen/shade on cherry frame
- Custom dry storage locker under counter outboard of sink with integrated wine storage shelf
- Varnished cherry paper towel holder
- Custom galley dish rack behind sliding cherry locker doors over counter
- Additional storage in drawers and lockers under counter
- Lighting from overhead dome light and task rod light over counter
- Forward cabin centerline berth with storage below the berth. Matching bureaus port and starboard with outboard lockers divide the berth from the main cabin
- Custom tufted headboard on forward bulkhead in “Curry” Ultraleather and white top stitching.
- Interior cushions covered with “Curry” Ultraleather with tufting buttons and custom stiching
- Cherry shelves mounted over forward berth along sheer
- Large overhead stainless steel hatch over berth and two dorades with interior airflow controls provide excellent ventilation
- Varnished cherry shelves outboard of berth port and starboard
- Main cabin table is mounted to stainless steel base plates for easy removal
- Located aft to port opposite galley
- Varnished cherry trim.
- Varnished cherry counter top with undermounted polished stainless steel sink and Dornbracht “Madison” faucet.
- Upgraded Dornbracht “Madison” mixer valve with hand held showerhead.
- Teak decking on head sole with small teak great over drain with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Shower enclosure (folds out from forward bulkhead and stores when not in use).
- Mirror on forward bulkhead.
- Storage in lockers outboard and aft of sink and in large drawer under counter
- Stainless steel overhead hatch with integrated retractable screen/shade in cherry frame
- Volvo D2-40 40 HP FWC marine diesel engine with Volvo 130S Saildrive.
- Volvo two bladed 17” folding propeller
- Volvo instrument panel at the helm with:
- Start/Stop button, Audible alarms for high coolant temperature and low lube oil pressure.
- Tachometer with hour meter.
- Stainless steel single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Racor primary fuel filter/water separator.
- 40-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/SS deck fill.
- Cruz-Pro electronic calibrated tank gauge.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 40-gallon fresh water capacity.
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Tecma electric macerating marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with deck pumpout and gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Snake River external tank level monitor.
- Diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer and Paragon Jr. automatic float switch.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
STEERING AND RUDDER
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
- (2) Victron Lifepo Lithium house batteries (2 X 200 Amp hours)
- Optima engine start battery.
- Mastervolt 115 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- Mastervolt 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/50-3 battery charger.
- 110V shore power system with (6) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- (6) wall mounted stainless steel LED reading lights in main salon and forward berth
- Stainless steel LED spotlight above salon table
- Stainless steel LED dome lights in head, galley and engine compartment
- LED strip lights (two in galley, one in head over sink)
- LED spreader lights
- Foredeck light
ELECTRONICS & NAVAGATION:
- B&G Zeuz2 12” chartplotter display mounted at helm
- NKE AIS Class B transceiver interfaced with chartplotter
- NKE Gyropilot2 autopilot
- NKE Instrument Package with (2) Multi-graphic displays in cockpit, (2) TL25 mast display, HR Carbowind sensor, Ultrasonic speed sensor, depth sensor, GPS sensor, WIFI interface, Regatta compass, True Wind and Barometer sensor
- NKE interface cable for laptop
- Icom M24G VHF Radio
- Ritchie 4.5” flush mount Navigator compass at helm
- Navigation lights with masthead tri-color
- Fusion MS-UD750 AM/FM Bluetooth stereo with speakers in cockpit and main cabin
SPARS & RIGGING:
- Hall Spars high modulus carbon fiber mast and boom Awlgripped to match deck
- Southern Spars EC6 multi-strand carbon standing rigging
- Custom extended carbon fiber mast head crane to allow maximum roach on main sail
- Harken mainsail luff switch track
- Aramid torsional headstay with Karver structural furler with carbon drum
- Custom Gleistein running rigging
- Forespar rigid vang
- Adjustable floating eye jib sheet lead adjustment
- Harken integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Custom block and tackle floating traveler system for main sheet
- Custom double ended main sheet system with main sheet led to both electric winches port and starboard of helm
- North 3Di Offshore Raw Race Gold 760 main sail with single reef
- North 109% 3Di Offshore Race Gold 760 furling jib
- North 98% 3Di Offshore Race Gold 760 heaving furling jib
- North A2 asymmetrical spinnaker
- Sunbrella main sail cover and adjustable lazyjacks
- (2) Harken Proforma 50 two speed electric self tailing primary winches mounted on cockpit winch islands
- (2) Harken Proforma 50 two speed self tailing secondary winches mounted outboard of coaming
- Harken 35.2 Performa self tailing winch mounted on mast
- Lewmar Ocean V2 electric windlass
- Lewmar 35 lb. Delta anchor with 15’ of 5/16” HT chain and 150’ 5/5” nylon Yale Brait rode
- Boat hook
- (4) PFD’s
- (3) type B-1 ABC portable fire extinguishers
- Fireport fitted in head for use with fire extinguisher in case of engine compartment fire
- Carbon Monoxide alarm
- Canvas sun cover for cockpit and cabin trunk extending from mast to transom
- Raw water anchor washdown
- Tool kit
- Two piece folding stainless steel boarding ladder with PVC treads with low profile mounting brackets midships on the starboard side with storage in forepeak locker
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.